Halloween Hop Sign Up
Want to be listed as a candy stop on the Halloween Hop?! If you do, this is your chance. The Chamber is teaming up with area businesses to bring kids HALLOWEEN. Have your staff dress up in fun (family-friendly) halloween costumes and pass out candy. The event is free for businesses to participate.
Please fill out this form to enter your business! A business listing with all participating businesses will be sent through the New Ulm public schools and the New Ulm Journal. Social media posts will also include all participating businesses.
- Date: Saturday, October 30, 2021
- Time: 10am-2pm
- Cost: FREE, but you might want to hand out store coupons to encourage parents to come back!
- Registration Deadline: Friday, October 9, 2020
Updates Coming Soon
Shop New Ulm @ Night
Updates Coming Soon
Shop Small Saturday
This event will include a full page flyer in the New Ulm Journal. It will include your business name, hours of operation and 1 printed promotion.
A flyer will be inserted in to the New Ulm Journal and found on Facebook. NUBRA is once again sponsoring a cash-grab and handing out Chamber Dollars to businesses that sign up. Not all business locations will be visited. The Grinch will be replaced with something just as fun (more details to come).
- Cost is $25/business (we invoice)
- Deadline: Must have signup back to the Chamber by 10/09/2021
Parade of Lights
The parade of lights is a time honored tradition and we are proud to bring it back to downtown New Ulm. This is the 32nd Annual Parade of Lights and we hope to have the best parade yet. The parade is to celebrate the holiday season, with Santa, a special tree lighting ceremony, and most importantly family.
Due to spacing the parade lineup is limited to no more than 60 units. Please register as soon as possible to reserve your spot. If you’re a Chamber member the event is free. If you’re a non-Chamber member the event is now $45 to participate. Visiting royalty may participate at no cost.
- Start Time: The official start time is 6pm. We request that you come at least 30 minutes early to line up.
- Route: The official route is 4th South to 4th North on Minnesota Street. If your float is large or you need to disassemble please turn right on 4th North and head back to your original assembly area.
- Line Up: Line up numbers and locations are distrubuted to you via email early during the week of November 22. Please ensure that you provide a working email address. Parade line up will take place from 5-5:45pm. Staging happens between 4th and 7th South Minnesota. A volunteer will be there to help assist you.
- Santa: Our last unit will be Santa Claus. To avoid confusion for the youngsters, no other units can have a Santa character.
- Candy: If you have candy or hands outs please hand them directly to the children. Throwing items encourages children to run out into the street causing an unsafe environment.
- Insurance: With rising liability issues, every unit must provide the Chamber with a certificate of their liability insurance. Please upload your insurance copy to this form or drop it off at the Chamber of Commerce.
- Lights: For safety reasons, the street lights will remain on. Since it’s called “Parade of Lights” every single unit must have lights, including cars, trailers, walkers or animals.
- Music: Music is encouraged. Please indicate if your float has music.