New CEO of EON – Tyler Berg!January 30, 2023
New Member – Fernweh Adventures!January 30, 2023
Become part of a team that supports, engages and builds New Ulm’s vibrant business community. The New Ulm Area Chamber of Commerce’s mission is to encourage economic growth in our community by supporting our members through business development, networking, education, advocacy and access to resources.
Candidates must be ready to become socially engaged in the community, and eager to make long lasting relationships with community and business leaders. You will be supported by a staff, board, and volunteers – other like-minded individuals whose collective goal is to continue to make New Ulm an even better place to live, work, and visit.
The Communications & Programs Specialist serves as the communications and programs lead for the initiatives of the Chamber. This position coordinates with the President/CEO to effectively run media relations and marketing, prepare and execute events, and work directly with members. This position reports directly to the President/CEO, and works towards strengthening the overall vision and goals for the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop effective and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Be a liaison between committees, Chamber Board and Chamber members.
- Support the organization as a whole by demonstrating professionalism at all times.
- Able to handle confidential information about area businesses, and display urgency to member requests.
- Additional tasks and job responsibilities may be added at the discretion of the President/CEO.
- Write marketing and PR related content including press releases, blog posts, emails campaigns, social media reports, presentations and promotional materials.
- Skills in design and multi-media platforms for event/program promotion and educational applications.
- Social Media and internet content creation and management.
- Create the weekly Chamber email newsletter, and the bi-monthly Chamber Update in the Journal. Manage the Community Calendar, including promotion of events.
- Work with team on event development. Organize and carryout large and small events which support the overall organization.
- Manage all aspects of an event from pre-planning, determining resources, pre-event marketing, and on-site coordination, to post event follow up.
- Perform marketing tasks, volunteer signups, vendor agreements with financial obligations, host collaborative in-person and digital meetings, conduct post-result event analysis.
- Strong ability to schedule. Experience in creating a clear and well-organized plan for all events/programs.
- Ability to manage program and event budgets. Perform financial data accurately.
- Order and maintain supplies needed for events.
- On-site coordination at events, assign volunteer duties, and provide general direction. Address potential problems that may arise.
- Experience in communications, marketing, event planning, or similarly related field is preferred.
- Must be able to work well in an environment with multiple interruptions. Must be a self-starter requiring little direction to accomplish tasks with a high level of optimism, enthusiasm, and “can-do” attitude. Able to work with multiple business leaders, attend and direct meetings and coordinate schedules.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and web-based programs (such as Constant Contact, Canva, and WordPress).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Strong organizational and time management skills.
Work Hours & Compensation
- 2 Weeks PTO upon hire date
- Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm; occasional nights and weekends.
- 9 total paid holidays
- Retirement 3% Matching
- Position is full-time hourly.