Become part of a team that supports, engages and builds New Ulm’s vibrant business community. The New Ulm Area Chamber of Commerce’s mission is to encourage economic growth in our community by supporting our members through business development, networking, education, advocacy and access to resources.
Candidates must be ready to become socially engaged in the community, and eager to make long lasting relationships with community and business leaders. You will be supported by a staff, board, and volunteers – other like-minded individuals whose collective goal is to continue to make New Ulm an even better place to live, work, and visit.
The Business Services Manager position plans, directs, and organizes the administrative functions of the organization. This position reports directly to the President/CEO and is responsible for keeping operations running smoothly.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop effective and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Be a liaison between committees, Chamber Board and Chamber members.
- Support the organization as a whole by demonstrating professionalism at all times.
- Able to handle confidential information about area businesses, and display urgency to member requests.
- Additional tasks and job responsibilities may be added at the discretion of the President/CEO.
- Basic accounting skills, including experience with Excel. Invoice management. Chamber Dollar program management.
- Manage office equipment, order supplies.
- Member Management, including onboarding new members and providing support for existing members. Host new member open house events.
- Member Database – management of the online membership software program (ChamberMaster). Ensure our members’ information is up to date. Inform and sell enhanced listings and banner ads to members. Provide training and support for the membership database.
- Rental management (2nd floor of Chamber building)
- Identify grant opportunities and write grant applications for the newly formed 501(c)3 New Ulm Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Must be able to work well in an environment with multiple interruptions. Must be a self-starter requiring little direction to accomplish tasks with a high level of optimism, enthusiasm, and “can-do” attitude. Able to work with multiple business leaders, attend and direct meetings and coordinate schedules.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and web-based programs (such as Constant Contact, Canva, and WordPress).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Strong organizational and time management skills.
Work Hours & Compensation
- 2 Weeks PTO upon hire date
- Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm; occasional nights and weekends.
- 9 total paid holidays
- Retirement 3% Matching
- Position is full-time hourly.
All interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Chamber President Sarah Warmka at email@example.com or 507-233-4303 with any questions.