New Ulm history behind newly remodeled movie theater!January 22, 2020
Tech Unlimited has a new look!January 24, 2020
The New Ulm Area Chamber of Commerce is accepting applications now for a full-time Executive Assistant.
The New Ulm Area Chamber of Commerce (NUACC) strives to provide our members with superior service and value in membership. The Chamber welcomes new members and promotes existing members through a competitive environment within the New Ulm area. Executive Assistant is a position within NUACC that will coordinate with the President/CEO to run day to day operations, work with members and coordinate schedules as needed. The Executive Assistant will perform daily, weekly and monthly tasks as needed and defined by the President/CEO. The Executive Assistant will work towards strengthening our overall vision and goals for the organization.
Executive Assistant Job Objectives
- Support the organization as a whole by demonstrating professionalism at all times.
- Support members in their role and guide them for accurate and correct information.
- Be a liaison between committees, Chamber Board and Chamber members.
- Carry out events that involve community outreach which supports the overall organization.
- Perform financial data accurately.
- Assist with payroll and payroll questions.
- Schedule staff according to business needs.
- Prepare staff for meetings and occasionally attend meetings to give guidance and direction.
- Additional tasks and job responsibilities may be added at the discretion of the President/CEO.
Essential Job Functions
Maintain multiple schedules for internal and external meetings.
Able to handle confidential information about area businesses.
File, sort, and compile large reports and financials.
Attend and keep committee files organized, maintained and accurate.
Display urgency to member requests.
Organize large events and able to coordinate with Chamber staff.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Management, Office Management/Planning or closely related field and or two (2) years of professional experience in office assistant/management programs and activities.
Must be able to work well in an environment with multiple interruptions. Must be a self-starter requiring little direction to accomplish tasks with a high level of optimism, enthusiasm, and “can-do” attitude. Able to work with multiple business leaders, attend and direct meetings and coordinate schedules.
Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, QuickBooks and web-based programs.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Strong organizational and time management skills.
To apply, email your resume & cover letter to Chamber President & CEO Michael Looft at email@example.com.