Stay-And-Play in New Ulm this March!February 19, 2018
Coming to Bock Fest?February 26, 2018
This time of year seems to bring out the longing for spring in all of us. We’ve been cooped up for a few months and getting a bit bored with the same old routine. Now is the perfect time to plan a getaway to New Ulm! Plus there are added perks to visiting New Ulm this time of year including lower hotel rates and no crowds to fight!
There is a travel deal right now if you want to visit on March 31. Click here to learn more about this stay-and-play package.
Coming another date? There is plenty to keep you busy in New Ulm! Here are a few ideas:
Chill Out (outdoor fun):
- Snowshoe/Ski at Flandrau State Park – rent equipment on site
- Glockenspiel – performance 3x daily
- Way of the Cross – completed in 1904 by nuns
- Hermann Monument – on the national-register! You can’t climb to the top this time of year, but it is still worth checking out!
- Downtown Walking Tour – self-guided – pick up map at Visitor Center
- Snowmobile trails
- Ice Skating – indoor rinks at the Civic Center have open skate times – skate rental available
Warm Up (indoor fun):
- Brown County History Museum – hands-on exhibits, don’t miss the nationally-award-winning US-Dakota War exhibit on the 3rd floor!
- Schell’s Brewery – tours available on the weekends, but grounds and gift shop open daily! Visit the Museum of Brewing on site too!
- New Ulm Cathedral – aw-inspiring interior with artwork by nationally-known local artists
- Turner Hall – MN’s oldest bar – check out the 1873 murals in the rathskeller!
- The Grand Center for Arts & Culture – art exhibits, gift shop, live music/food/drinks on Fri & Sat nights!
- Shopping – you’ve heard of New Ulm boutiques and specialty shops – come see what all the buzz is about!
- Dining – from sauerkraut to steak to enchiladas, we’ve got it all!
- Movie Theater – catch a flick!
- Bowling – how’s your game?
- Newest hot spots in New Ulm? Experience the Starkeller Brewery & Tap Room and The Retz 227 Speakeasy – both are a little hard to find, but well worth the search!
These are just a few of the things you can experience when you visit New Ulm this winter/spring! Click here for more trip ideas, lodging options, and more to help you plan your trip.
- Schell’s Brewery in the Winter – Tim Cordes, Hermann Monument – Tim Cordes, Brown County History Museum – Kyle Krenz