You and the girls want to get away? We’ve got you covered.
- Start your day with a cup of specialty coffee beside the fireplace at Lola – An American Bistro. Enjoy a fresh baked pastry or one of their house-made breakfast options.
- Get ready to shop, shop, shop. New Ulm is filled with stores you won’t find anywhere else! Check out the unique clothing boutiques and specialty shops in the historic downtown district. Be sure to venture outside downtown to Domeiers German store, a cozy shop stocked with items straight from the old country. Are you a quilter? New Ulm has 3 quilt shops, one of which was named a Top 10 Quilt Shop by Better Homes & Gardens Quilt Sampler Magazine.
- For lunch, have a margarita and some great authentic Mexican food at Plaza Garibaldi! With service that is second-to-none this restaurant staff is attentive and curtious and ensures a good time.
- If you’re up for more shopping, New Ulm will keep you occupied. Or, head to one of our salons for a relaxing manicure and pedicure.
- Make the short trip out to the Morgan Creek Vineyards to sample a wine flight from Minnesota’s only underground winery.
- Take a walk along the Cottonwood River in Flandrau State Park, or ride your bikes on New Ulm’s thirteen miles of recreational trails.
- Tour the stately Lind House, the restored one-time home of Minnesota’s 14th governor.
- At the childhood home of children’s author Wanda Gag, admire lithographs and paintings by Wanda Gag and other members of her family.
- Have lunch at the famous Veigel’s Kaiserhoff, known for its braised ribs and German specialties.
- Take a tour of the August Schell brewery and gardens, where you’ll sample award-winning beers in some of the city’s most beautiful surroundings.