New Ulm is home to a wide variety of shopping, dining and service provider businesses. Business Development is managed by the Retail Services Specialist in collaboration with the Chamber of Commerce and the City of New Ulm.
Interested in starting a new business in town? Contact the Chamber at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 507-233-4300. We provide the following services to assist with business recruitment, start-up, retention and support:
Contact Information and Referrals
Contact information and referrals for available spaces please contact the Chamber directly. Banks and other lending institutions; grant and loan providers; realtors, landlords and building owners; new business assistance program providers; interior design and remodeling service providers; city officials, inspections and permits.
Financial information including bank loan promotions, new business incentives, city loan programs, local and state grants, and local, state and national historic building rehabilitation funding.
- Advertising - Providing contact information, referral and support for the many available venues of advertising included in Chamber Membership, such as Chamber Window Displays, Member Messages, the Weekly Chamber Update, Hot Deals Listings, Job Postings, Specialty Shops Brochure, Holiday Rack Card, Community Guide, Coupons, Social Media, print and radio.
- Boards and Committees – Participation in and support from our many Chamber sponsored or related groups, including the Chamber Board, New Ulm Business and Retail Association (NUBRA), the Downtown Action Team/Minnesota Main Street (DAT), Business Action Team (BAT), and our many Event Committees.
- Education and Training - By providing research on available space, demographic statistics through our Grow Minnesota Visits, Market Trade Analysis and Retail Trade Analysis reports, information on historic building preservation, rehabilitation and restoration. We offer and coordinate training opportunities through the Minnesota Main Street Program, Start Up Smart Workshops, Social Media Breakfasts, the Small Business Development Center (SBDC), Region Nine Development Commission (R9DC), the Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation (SMIF), and SCORE. Check out the Business Training Opportunities category on the Community Calendar.
- Events – Support for local businesses through shopping promotions, special events and festivals that draw residents and visitors to our businesses and encourage people to Shop Local!
• Spring Fashion Event
• Crazy Days
• Fall Fashion Event
• Wedding Show
• Halloween Hop (NEW in 2018)
• Holiday Shopping Opener/GnomeMade Market
• Small Business Saturday
• #shopnewulm at Night
• Welcome to the Party
• Women’s Networking Event
• Women’s Leadership Event (NEW in 2019)
• Career Expo
• Home and Health Show
• Garage Sale Weekend
• Quiltistry (held every other year)
• Parade of Lights
• Bavarian Blast
• Brown County Fair