Supporting a culture of wellness happens with YOU and YOUR support. The Heart of New Ulm Project is everyone in New Ulm and we encourage you to get involved. By engaging people across our community, HONU helps facilitate and support partnerships that are best positioned to do the important work of sustaining a healthy New Ulm. HONU also works to help key partners consider how they can better support community health when making important decisions.
Support the project
- Donate funds to help the project maintain its momentum and succeed in the future. Donate online to the New Ulm Medical Center Foundation; click on the “Give Now” button and then choose “Heart of New Ulm” in the designation drop-down. You can also donate by calling 507-217-5188 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Consider making in-kind donations, such as donation of space, volunteer time, prize donations, supplies, pro bono or support services.
Get involved as an individual
- Sign Up for the Holiday Trimmings Program a six-week program designed to help you achieve better health and a stronger sense of well-being.
- Join an Action Team by calling 507-217-5226.
- Like us on Facebook for information about various project and community happenings, health tips, and to provide support to others as they work toward their health goals.
- Continue to request healthy food options at local restaurants, sporting events and concession stands.
- Provide feedback to city leaders and the HONU Leadership Team on streets that could be improved to make them safer for our children walking to school, and for everyone walking or riding their bicycle in our community.
- Share your ideas, opinions and how you can help support The Heart of New Ulm Project’s mission.
Get involved as an organization or employer
- Incorporate a health theme or topic into an existing or new event and apply to use The Heart of New Ulm Project’s logo to show your support for health in our community.
- Attend a quarterly worksite wellness networking and training event hosted by The Heart of New Ulm Project’s Worksite Wellness Team.
- Make a commitment to creating an environment that supports health for your employees, customers and visitors by considering wellness policies, such as those that promote healthier vending options or tobacco-free places.
- Make a commitment to worksite wellness to help increase productivity, reduce absenteeism, improve staff morale and engagement, and reduce health care costs. For more information, contact New Ulm Medical Center’s Occupational Health and Wellness Services at 507-217-5842.
For worksite wellness resources, visit the Resources page.