New Ulm Convention & Visitors Bureau Activity
This page is updated after monthly CVB meetings.
- Fox 9 featured New Ulm with a drone tour, and interviewed Chamber Marketing Specialist Sarah Warmka and Schell's VP of Operations Kyle Marti.
- The CVB installed billboards on Hwy 212 near Norwood Young America and on Hwy 75 north of Sioux City, IA.
- To help drive tourism in the slower spring months, the CVB coordinated a 25% off lodging deal for any businesses interested in participating.
- Star Tribune Magazine named New Ulm in 5 Hottest Small Town Destinations in MN. The CVB and NUBRA split the cost of a print ad in the magazine to accompany the article.
- Marketing Specialist Sarah Warmka attended Circle Wisconsin Midwest Marketplace to promote New Ulm to tour operators.
- The CVB completed a programmatic/retargeting digital campaign, and also ran a programmatic video campaign. Click here to view the video, and click here to view the campaign results.
- The CVB ran a New Ulm Giveaway Contest.
- New Ulm CVB supported the Take The Vacay panel discussion held at the Mall of America with a free trip to New Ulm giveaway.
- Travel Blogger Look About Lindsey shared her top 5 places to visit in MN on The Jason Show, with New Ulm at the top of her list.
- An EMT Marketing Grant request for reimbursement for 2018 marketing expenses was submitted and approved for $4,795.83.
- The 2019 New Ulm Guides are in! 35,000 copies will be distributed by the CVB. New guides were sent to all the travel & information centers in MN, as well as multiple Chamber/CVB offices, and the Mall of America. They guide is also available online and the CVB fulfills guide requests that come in via email or phone and leads from our website, Explore Minnesota, Midwest Living, and other lead sources.
- The CVB created and printed 2019 Visitor Coupon sheets. Thanks to our partners: Brown County Historical Society, Cash Wise Foods, Concordia Lanes, Gutentag Haus, Inspired, MonaLena Kitchen + Bar, B&L Bar, Cottonwood Grill, Sozial Restaurant & Bar; Searles Bar & Grill, Sewing Seeds Quilt Co., Spinning Spools Quilt Shop, Taco John's, The Thimble Box, and Turner Hall.
- Chamber President Audra Shaneman, Marketing Specialist Sarah Warmka, and CVB committee member Ruth Wellmann attended the 2019 Explore Minnesota State Tourism Conference.
- The CVB ran programmatic and retargeting display ads, delivering nearly half a million impressions in Jan-Feb. In additional, a targeted email promoting travel to New Ulm was delivered to 60,000 email addresses. See the campaign summary here.
December 2018/January 2019
- The CVB installed decals on 2 more semi truck trailers.
- New Ulm was named best city in Minnesota to live by 24/7 Wall Street.
- The CVB participated in a tweetchat hosted by Explore Minnesota Tourism, showcasing the many things to do, see, and experience this winter in New Ulm.
- Marketing Specialist Sarah Warmka began her term as Vice-President of the Southern Minnesota Tourism Association for 2019, and was re-elected Chair of the Minnesota River Valley National Scenic Byway Alliance.
- The CVB placed ads in Midwest Living and the MN State Travel Guide.
- The CVB distributed guides at the Minnesota Sportsmen's Boat, Camping & Vacation Show in St. Paul.