New Member: White Boxer CoffeeOctober 16, 2023
New Member: RushOctober 19, 2023
Welcome to New Ulm’s 1st Annual “Festive Facades!”
A Holiday Storefront Decorating Contest
Contest Voting Link Here: https://forms.gle/eSR39FkfGmugNAig8
The Downtown Action Team, a committee of the Chamber and the Heart of New Ulm, is excited to bring the festive spirit to our beautiful town and create a joyful atmosphere for our residents and visitors. The holiday season is a special time of year, and what better way to celebrate than by transforming our business districts into enchanting winter wonderlands? This competition aims to showcase the creativity and holiday spirit of our local businesses while spreading joy and excitement throughout the community.
Instructions for Participation:
- Chamber Members are the only businesses included in judging.
- All businesses are encouraged to adopt the holiday spirit!
- To participate, please email email@example.com with your business name and address no later than November 22nd.
- Decoration Guidelines:
- Decorations should be family-friendly and in the spirit of the holiday season.
- Bonus points for lights!
- While creativity is encouraged, all decorations must be safe, secure, and in compliance with local safety regulations.
- Participants are responsible for providing and paying for their own decorations, lighting, and other materials.
- Participants are encouraged to decorate by the Shopping Opener on November 3rd, but the deadline isn’t officially until November 22nd so that it is all up for the Parade of Lights.
- Judging will be done via Google Forms.
- Voting will begin November 24th and go until 11:59pm on December 31st.
- The public will choose their top three favorites.
- Each of the top three winners will receive a prize in the form of Chamber Dollars. 1st place – $250, 2nd place – $150, 3rd place – $100.
- The results and winners will be posted on social media along with photos of their displays on January 2nd.
- Participants are responsible for removing their decorations after the holiday season.
The Downtown Action Team (DAT) promotes enhancement of the downtown vibrancy and innovation for the future desired by our residents while maintaining New Ulm’s charm and tradition. This friendly competition is a new way for local businesses to share in a sense of community and help enhance the charm of our great town. Let’s come together to make New Ulm shine with holiday cheer! We can’t wait to see the creativity and festive spirit you bring to the competition. Make this holiday season in New Ulm one to remember! If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org // (507) 233-4300.
Happy decorating, and best of luck to all the participants!