Become part of a team that supports, engages and builds New Ulm’s vibrant business community. The New Ulm Area Chamber of Commerce’s mission is to encourage economic growth in our community by supporting our members through business development, networking, education, advocacy and access to resources.
Candidates must be ready to become socially engaged in the community, and eager to make long lasting relationships with community and business leaders. You will be supported by a staff, board, and volunteers – other like-minded individuals whose collective goal is to continue to make New Ulm an even better place to live, work, and visit.
The Office Manager serves as the lead for managing the Visitor Center/Chamber Office, and supports our members. This position coordinates with the President/CEO, and works towards strengthening the overall vision and goals for the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop effective and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Be a liaison between committees, Chamber Board and Chamber members.
- Support the organization as a whole by demonstrating professionalism at all times.
- Able to handle confidential information about area businesses, and display urgency to member requests.
- Additional tasks and job responsibilities may be added at the discretion of the President/CEO.
- Position is responsible for maintaining and managing the Visitor Center & Chamber Office, including ordering supplies, managing office equipment, and working with vendors and volunteers. Basic IT skills.
- Frontline Customer Service – greet guests as they enter the Visitor Center/Chamber Office – provide exceptional customer service. Assist tour groups. Sell Chamber Dollars and event tickets to guests, answer phones. Perform financial data accurately.
- Strong writing skills – write marketing and PR related content including press releases and blog posts.
- Identify grant opportunities and write grant applications for the newly formed 501(c)3 New Ulm Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Member Database – management of the online membership software program (ChamberMaster), including the Community Calendar. Ensure our members’ information is up to date. Inform and sell enhanced listings and banner ads to members. Provide training and support for the membership database.
- Two or more years of professional experience in office assistance/management, marketing, communications, or similarly related field is preferred.
- Must be able to work well in an environment with multiple interruptions. Must be a self-starter requiring little direction to accomplish tasks with a high level of optimism, enthusiasm, and “can-do” attitude. Able to work with multiple business leaders, attend and direct meetings and coordinate schedules.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and web-based programs (such as Constant Contact, Canva, and WordPress).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Strong organizational and time management skills.
Work Hours & Compensation
- 2 Weeks PTO upon hire date
- Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm; occasional nights and weekends.
- 9 total paid holidays
- Retirement 3% Matching
- Position is full-time hourly.
All interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Chamber President Sarah Warmka at email@example.com or 507-233-4303 with any questions.