Welcome to the New Ulm Chamber, Visiting Angels Living Assistance Services!April 5, 2021
Welcome to the New Ulm Chamber, Prime Source Funding!April 9, 2021
The New Ulm Area Chamber of Commerce is accepting applications now for a full-time Events Coordinator.
The New Ulm Area Chamber of Commerce (NUACC) strives to provide our members with superior service and value in membership. The Chamber welcomes new members and promotes existing members through a competitive environment within the New Ulm area. The Events Coordinator is a position within NUACC that will prepare and execute events and oversee activities. The Events Coordinator will perform marketing tasks, volunteer signups, vendor agreements with financial obligations, host collaborative in-person and digital meetings, conduct post-result event analysis and charged with creating new vibrant events on behalf of committees. The Events Coordinator will work towards strengthening our overall vision and goals for the organization. The Events Coordinator at the discretion of the President/CEO will also be required to support in other areas of the NUACC. This position reports directly to the President/CEO.
The Events Coordinator plans, executes and oversees all Chamber related events. The events range in scale from small leadership forums to large festivals. The Chamber of Commerce is known for high quality events that advocate our mission statement to our membership.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop effective and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage all aspects of an event from pre-planning, determining resources, pre-event marketing, and on-site coordination, to post event follow up.
- Order and maintain supplies needed for events.
- Create reliable financial reports and collect payments on time.
- Ability to manage program and event budgets.
- Manage events and address potential problems that may arise.
- Strong ability to schedule. Experience in creating a clear and well-organized plan for all events/programs.
- Prepare presentations to committees for planning purposes and summary of results.
- Assist in site and vendor selection and negotiate the best possible rates and terms.
- Coordinate staff at events, assign volunteer duties, and provide general direction.
Experience in event coordination or similar role for event planning, hospitality, public relations or similarly related field is preferred. A portfolio of successful events will highlight your recent accomplishments.
Must be able to work well in an environment with business professionals. Must be a self-starter requiring little direction to accomplish tasks with a high level of optimism, enthusiasm, and “can-do” attitude. Able to work with multiple business leaders, attend and direct meetings and coordinate schedules.
Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and web-based programs (such as Constant Contact, Canva, or WordPress for example).
Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Strong organizational and time management skills.
Work Hours & Compensation
Typical job duties require the Events Coordinator to work Monday – Friday with hours ranging from 8am-5pm. However, events and special occasions may cause work on some weekends and evenings.
Position is full-time hourly. Compensation depends on qualifications but will range from $15-18 per hour.
To apply, email your resume & cover letter to the President/CEO, Michael Looft.