Load the family in the car; you’re ready to go.
- Take the kids to Riverside Park. Let them climb all over the “pirate ships playground” and meet Gertie the Goose, the statue that is an unofficial mascot of the area known as Goosetown. Or bring the fishing poles and drop a line in the water, right where riverboats docked a century and a half ago. Head into the Riverside History & Nature Center for some hands-on education about the river and it’s history.
- Head to the skate park for some exciting jumps, or ride your bikes along the former railroad bed that is now a paved, thirteen-mile regional trail.
- Grab a quick lunch at any of New Ulm’s casual restaurants, saving room for some fudge from Hope & Faith Flowers Gifts Sweets.
- At the August Schell brewery, the kids can enjoy 1919 Root Beer while adults sample craft beers following an approximate one-hour tour. On the grounds surrounding the brewery, come face-to-feather with peacocks, see the live deer in the deer park, or see if the kids can spot the little gnomes “hiding” throughout the gardens.
- Try your skills at the Putting Green miniature golf course before a swim in the hotel pool.