New Ulm’s Way of the Cross was completed in 1904 and renovated in 2004. Its 14 stations, with statues imported from Bavaria, provide a quiet, reflective walk up a gentle incline to a chapel dedicated to the Mother of Sorrows. Entrusted to the Diocese of New Ulm, the Way of the Cross is located on the 5th North hill, behind the New Ulm Medical Center, and includes a nearby memorial to Father Alexander Berghold, an instrumental priest in the 1800s who initiated the project along with Sister Flavia of the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ.
Location: 1500 5th North, behind the Medical Center
Hours: Daily from April to October