New Ulm is home to a wide variety of shopping, dining and service provider businesses. Business Development is managed by the Retail Services Specialist in collaboration with the Chamber of Commerce and the City of New Ulm.
Interested in starting a new business in town? Contact our Retail Services Specialist, Cara Knauf, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 507-233-4308. We provide the following services to assist with business recruitment, start-up, retention and support:
Contact information including available space; banks and other lending institutions; grant and loan providers; realtors, landlords and building owners; new business assistance program providers; interior design and remodeling service providers; city officials, inspections and permits.
Financial information including bank loan promotions, new business incentives, city loan programs, local and state grants, the Headstart to the Heart of the City incentive program, and local, state and national historic building rehabilitation funding.
- Advertising - Providing contact information, referral and support for the many available venues of advertising included in Chamber Membership, such as Chamber Window Displays, E-Mail Blasts, Hot Deals Listings and Newsletter, Job Postings, Specialty Shops Brochure, Visitor’s Guide and Coupons, Social Media, print and radio.
- Boards and Committees – Participation in and support from our many Chamber sponsored or related groups, including the Chamber Board, New Ulm Business and Retail Association (NUBRA) Board, the Business Action Team (BAT), and our many Event Committees.
- Education and Training - By providing research on available space, demographic statistics through our Grow Minnesota Visits, Market Trade Analysis and Retail Trade Analysis reports, information on historic building preservation, rehabilitation and restoration, and training opportunities through the Minnesota Main Street Program, Smart Start New Business Seminars and Spring Training for Tourism Roundtable. See the Business Training Opportunities Calendar here.
- Events – Support for local businesses by providing opportunities to showcase your business, increase customer traffic and drive sales through our many events!
- Monthly events
- Car Hop & Shop Cruise-Ins
- Yearly events
- Crazy Days
- The Day of Giving
- Small Business Saturday
- Holiday Shopping Opener
- Special events
- Home and Health Show
- Spring Boutique Week
- Modenshau Fall Fashion Show
- Wedding Show
- Parade of Lights
- Monthly events