New Ulm Convention & Visitors Bureau Activity
This page is updated after monthly CVB meetings.
- The CVB installed decals on 2 more semi truck trailers.
- New Ulm was named best city in Minnesota to live by 24/7 Wall Street.
- The CVB participated in a tweetchat hosted by Explore Minnesota Tourism, showcasing the many things to do, see, and experience this winter in New Ulm.
- Marketing Specialist Sarah Warmka began her term as Vice-President of the Southern Minnesota Tourism Association for 2019, and was re-elected Chair of the Minnesota River Valley National Scenic Byway Alliance.
- The CVB placed ads in Midwest Living and the MN State Travel Guide.
- The CVB distributed guides at the Minnesota Sportsmen's Boat, Camping & Vacation Show in St. Paul.
- The 2019 New Ulm Guides are in! 35,000 copies will be distributed by the CVB. New guides were sent to all the travel & information centers in MN, as well as multiple Chamber/CVB offices, and the Mall of America. They guide is also available online and the CVB fulfills guide requests that come in via email or phone and leads from our website, Explore Minnesota, Midwest Living, and other lead sources.
- The CVB created and printed 2019 Visitor Coupon sheets. Thanks to our partners: Brown County Historical Society, Cash Wise Foods, Concordia Lanes, Gutentag Haus, Inspired, MonaLena Kitchen + Bar, B&L Bar, Cottonwood Grill, Sozial Restaurant & Bar; Searles Bar & Grill, Sewing Seeds Quilt Co., Spinning Spools Quilt Shop, Taco John's, The Thimble Box, and Turner Hall.
- Chamber President Audra Shaneman, Marketing Specialist Sarah Warmka, and CVB committee member Ruth Wellmann attended the 2019 Explore Minnesota State Tourism Conference.
- The CVB ran programmatic and retargeting display ads, delivering nearly half a million impressions in Jan-Feb. In additional, a targeted email promoting travel to New Ulm was delivered to 60,000 email addresses. See the campaign summary here.