2015-2016 Chamber Priorities
- Workforce Recruitment: Work with city government and regional partners to recruit new businesses, young professionals and young families.
- Create an economic development roundtable for the purpose of networking those interested and moving ahead on projects that create economic opportunity in New Ulm.
- Market New Ulm as a community to visit, live and work.
- Provide educational and leadership development opportunities for the business community.
- Provide information and services that assist to strengthen businesses
- Initiate and support programs that encourage the creation and expansion of new businesses and entrepreneurship. Examples: Economic farming, incubators, co-working locations
- Utilize the www.newulm.com website as an economic development tool offering community information and job posting information.
- Support HYPE (Helping Young Professionals Evolve)
- Supporting the business community and the community as a whole by sponsoring or supporting various community initiatives including: leadership development and attracting young professionals and families, health and employee wellness, fine arts and heritage and educational opportunities on topics of interest.
- Support and maintain a Main Street program in conjunction with the Minnesota Preservation Alliance.
- Partner with local government entities to address housing, new business incentives and issues that affect the business community.
- Partner with entities that will forward issues or initiatives of community and business community interest.
- Partner with the Minnesota Chamber to utilize their resources to influence the statewide business climate and business retention programs.
- Communicate business and member perspective on issues facing elected and government officials.
- Provide a board representative on the RENU local option sales tax committee.
- Continue to educate and evaluate the benefit of Chamber Membership to the variety of members represented.
- Continue to be a connecting point for members for business to business networking, education and collaboration.
- Promote organizational awareness to members and the community through effective use of social media and other communication tools.
Support and maintain a CVB to carry out the objective of promoting the City as a tourist and convention center.
Redesign the www.newulm.com website and improve usage of social media for the purpose of promoting the City as a tourist and convention destination.